Anxiety is heavy in the air and it’s time to reclaim your power.
Second Class Added! Begins Sunday, September 5th @ 10:30 AM Pacific!
Register for 5-Week Course Now for $97
3 Scholarships Available: Scroll to End
People who live with high-functioning anxiety experience many of the same symptoms as those with generalized anxiety, but are able to function in the world (or so it seems!). These people, mostly women, keep their symptoms largely hidden. Those around them don’t usually know that someone they work with, or even live with, is suffering with symptoms of anxiety.
Anxiety currently afflicts more than 20 million Americans and the numbers are growing. Behind the mask of being in control, here are some common symptoms of anxiety:
- Feeling a sense of impending doom
- Elevated heart rate
- Breathing rapidly
- Shallow breathing
- Always feeling tired
- Trouble sleeping
- Cyclical thoughts of worry
- Gut (gastrointestinal) problems
- Worry becomes uncontrollable
- Avoiding situations and people that trigger anxiety
Anxiety is so thick these days that you can almost cut it with a knife. Most of us are getting through our days, but there is no much left over when the day is done.
If left to run its own course, high-functioning anxiety has the potential to worsen into more serious clinical conditions. Stress is a root cause of anxiety, exacerbating the condition, and making life exceedingly difficult.
Register for 5-Week Course Now at $97
High-Functioning Anxiety: A Modern Epidemic
The demands of today’s world are almost impossible to keep up with. There is simply more coming at us than we can handle. And if you’re prone to high-functioning anxiety it can feel like you’re on a sinking ship. You keep up, but at what cost to your health and personal life?
Module One: Why Rituals are Ripe for Modern Times
September 1, 2020, 10 AM Pacific Daylight Time
Module One begins our journey into the ritual process and the embodied nature of rituals. Tody, we may think of rituals as habitual patterns of behavior such as our “morning coffee ritual” or other daily patterns. Were our ancestors practicing rituals as some kind of superstitious behavior or did their ritual practices really create change in their lives?
What can we learn from Ancient Wisdom traditions and their use of rituals in healing conditions such as high-functioning anxiety?
- What does the word “Ritual” mean to you?
- Does it have positive or negative connotations?
- How does the ritual process work?
Module Two: Rituals, Heart Coherence, and the Vagus Nerve
September 8, 2020, 10 AM Pacific Daylight Time
Module Two explores Dr. Stephen W. Porges’ “Polyvagal Theory.” Many ritual practices such as chanting, prayers, meditation, postures are potent stimulators to our nervous systems because they exercise the vagus nerve (Porges Ancient Rituals). By doing so, the vagus nerve quells the fight or flight instinct, but can only do so when a person feels safe and unthreatened.
- What do rituals have to do with the vagus nerve?
- What is the vagus nerve?
- What is heart coherence?
- Measuring heart coherence with HRV (heart rate variability)
Module Three: Ancients Rituals (1-4)
September 15, 2020, 10 AM Pacific Daylight Time
In Module Three we learn about the first four of seven rituals:
- Opening the Sacred Space
- The Power of Intention
- Creating a Safe Container
- Shamanic Invocation for Opening the Sacred Space
- What is the Significance of the Sacred & Profane?
Module Four: Ancient Rituals (3-7)
September 22, 2020, 10 AM Pacific Daylight Time
In the Fourth Module we learn and discuss the last three rituals:
- Trancing (Altered States of Awareness)
- Gong Baths & the Parasympathetic Nervous System
- Social Engagement and Compassion
Module Five: Creating Your Own Ritual Sequence
September 29, 2020, 10 AM Pacific Daylight Time
The Final Module brings the ritual process together as we create our own ritual sequences to restore your personal power and regain the upper hand over anxiety.
Who is This Class For?
Consider the following questions to see if this workshop is right for you:
- How is high-functioning anxiety negatively impacting your life right now?
- What relationships are being compromised due to your high-functioning anxiety?
- What needs to happen to your stress and anxiety levels in order to feel calmer and more centered?
- What obstacles, challenges, and struggles do you regularly come across that triggers anxiety?
- How is anxiety affecting your health?
- Are you looking for natural ways to heal from high functioning anxiety that can be “layered over” what you are already doing?
If you are answering yes to these questions or they are applicable to your life then this workshop is for you.